Thursday, February 7, 2013

What I'm Watching - Bad Romance: Women's Suffrage

This will be my new Thursday thing. (Sorry for missing WIR on Tuesday. It'll be back next week.) I might post about a movie or a TV show, or, as is the case today, my current YouTube obsession.

This video was originally published on March 6, 2012, and I'm sad it took me so long to find out about it. The title is "Bad Romance: Women's Suffrage" and it does what it says on the box. It's "a parody music video paying homage to Alice Paul and the generations of brave women who joined together in the fight to pass the 19th Amendment, giving women the right to vote in 1920." The video is a wonderfully produced parody, faithfully sticking to the overall feel of the source material, while at the same transcending it enough to become its own entity. It's entertaining and educational, and watching it makes me crazy happy.



Here's the site from which the video originated. Soomo Publishing also made another parody video called "Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration" that's worth checking out. I sincerely hope they're planning to make more, and if it were up to me, I would head for the African-American Civil Rights Movement next.

No comments:

Post a Comment